Saturday, September 25, 2010

Can't Catch Me!

Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the Ginger Bread Man! Well, that is what we were told anyway! We learned about the nursery rhyme Ginger Bread Boy this week and when we returned we found a letter from him - giving us hints as to where we could find him. We put on our Ranger Hats and set out to find him. Follow us along as we hunt for the Ginger Bread Man!

Starting off, this is the note we discovered in the classroom:
"I've left my friends for you to snack,
But I'll bet you'll never get me back!
Look for me where there are lots of books!"
This is the note we discovered on our classroom door! The Chase is On!
This is the note we discovered in the media center:
"I've read lots of books,
But I'm gone, can't you see?
I'm a gingerbread man and you can't catch me!
Look for me by a friendly face who answers phones in a busy place."
We didn't find the Gingerbread Man, but he did leave a clue behind in the Library
We made a prediction that there are friendly faces and the phones are always ringing in the office, so we headed there next and this is what we found!
"The secretaries have a friendly face,
And answer phones in a busy place.
Find me by the leader(s) of our school."
With the Secretaries in the Main Office!
We know the leader of our school is the principal, Mr. Kamphoff, so we headed off to his office next. Unfortunately, the Gingerbread Man wasn't there either! This is what he left behind!
This is the principal's office.
They're nice, you know.
They told me not to run anymore,
But to walk, wherever I go.
Go find me where we eat together.
The note we discovered at the Principal's Office!
We knew that we always eat lunch in the cafeteria, so we figured we would try to catch the Gingerbread Man there! This is what we found waiting for us.
"This is the lunchroom.
These friends like us a bunch,
And always make sure we have a good lunch.
I'm getting a bit tired as you can see,
  The Rainforest Room is where I'll be!"
He got away again! Outside the Cafeteria!
Well we finally made it back to our room. It took awhile for us to find him, but when Mrs. Rehder opened the snack cupboards, our final clue was waiting for us!
"I've run and run and I need some rest.
I think this room is the best!"
Our Snack Cupboard!
 After the long hunt we rewarded ourselves by enjoying some delicious Gingerbread cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rangers!!
    I'm sorry I missed this wonderful visit from the Gingerbread Man!! I LOVE THE GINGERBREAD MAN STORY! Did you know that in Queensland, Australia where I live there is a Ginger Factory and that you can often see the Gingerbread Man there?

    Thank you for letting me come and visit your room a couple of weeks ago. I am going to come back for a visit after your Christmas/New Year break to see how much bigger and smarter you will have grown! I'm going to keep in touch with what you are learning about through your blog though the whole time! :)

    Lots of love in learning to you!

    Cheers Ms Jodie Riek

    ReplyDelete